Our Fellowship Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Fellowship Forum

Welcome to Our Fellowship Forum!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in

I'm not in the mood to study the bible

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
boyscout

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2009-03-10

I'm not in the mood to study the bible Empty
PostSubject: I'm not in the mood to study the bible   I'm not in the mood to study the bible EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 11:49 am

Funny (actually not) that Pamela spoke about this morning. She mentioned the parable of the sower. I argued that we have no control of what we are. Suddenly it dawns on me that we do.
Romans 12:2 says: Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Our mind is the field which, with the help of the Holy Spirit, we are to cultivate diligently.

The lie was, we are who we are, even the scripture seemed to agree in Jeremiah 13:23 but the context makes it clear that it's our stubbornness that keeps us stay where we are.

Another lie was, let God change me, even the scripture seemed to agree in Psalm 51:10 but His teaching in Matthew 12:43-45 tells us what will happen in an unoccupied house.

She said we are unwilling to read at times because the Word tells us what we don't want to hear. May be so, may be not. But she said the Word came in the flesh and became poor so we can be rich - and she went on to mention the vine and the branches. Was it a coincident or is it what a Christian should know?

She also said we should pray, which was where our conversation begun, and quoted Matthew 21:22 and I saw she has a note on Isaiah 59:1 and we spoke about the rest of the chapter. It was good.

She said she's constantly in touch with Him, when she's driving, when she's working, when she's doing something else. She might not be the model we'd like to look up to in this world but she's rich in many other ways.....
Back to top Go down
Janice

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: I'm not in the mood to study the bible   I'm not in the mood to study the bible EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 7:14 pm

May I ask why is the topic "I'm not in the mood to study the bible"? Are you referring to yourself (if so why?) Or did Pam say it and why?

I don't think there are lies, as you said Jeremiah 13:22 explained 13:23. In Matthew 12 Jesus was only telling us facts... facts that everyone falls into. If we do not stand firm and be alert, then we will only fall into those traps.

I totally agree with what you and Pam discussed. I believe we do have control of what we are, to be his people or not... (only if we're willing to listen, not lean on to our own understanding, follow him in all his waysand believe....)

She said we are unwilling to read at times because the Word tells us what we don't want to hear. - totally agree

She might not be the model we'd like to look up to in this world but she's rich in many other ways..... - I always argue wealth does mean anything and this is a live example. However, no one knows until the end of day, who will or will not see Jesus in new heaven and new earth.

Moreover, I do get confused sometimes... I believe we have a choice, but I also believe Yhwh already know and planned everything. I understand we are only a character in HIS film, but it's hard for me to understand what is the purpose of life. I also understand we are in the world but not of the world. Somewhere in the bible also said HE is giving us a chance. To believe to return to him to follow him... I guess this is the purpose of our life, but we just don't want to follow? We just want to do what we want to do? At the end of the day, as Pam said, "we don't want to read because Word tells us things that we do not want to hear" therefore, we blame life and blame that we don't know the purpose of life?
- just an opinion, I hope it make sense

Let's work hard together brothers and sisters! =)
Back to top Go down
boyscout

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: I'm not in the mood to study the bible   I'm not in the mood to study the bible EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 4:33 pm

Was our discussion last Sabbath.

Every now and then one would encounter such and each has his own reasons.
Was surprised that my conversation with her led to the same topic.

Jeremiah 13:23 if pulled out of context is a flat out lie - and believe in it only when one hardens his heart and stops believing in Him and His provisions. It's a lie to the same level as letting the Holy Spirit work in me and not to rush things. We can discuss that.

Wealth has it's value when used appropriately. It's for us to enjoy and to help - a model after the Israel of God and a main theme through out the NT also.

The script in life is right before us and we have the total freedom on how to act our character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm not in the mood to study the bible   I'm not in the mood to study the bible Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm not in the mood to study the bible
Page 1 of 1