1 Corinthians 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boyscout

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: 1 Corinthians 11   Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:46 am

New interpretation:

There is no praise in us, for our meetings do more harm than good. In the first place, when we come together we don't come together as a fellowship, there are divisions, there is no unity in the Spirit. No doubt there have to be differences among us to show which of us have God’s approval. So then, when we come together, it is not Christian fellowship, for when we gathers, some of us care more about personal matters. As a result, one person studies the scriptures and another reads other things, one person praise the Lord and takes a nap. Don’t we have homes to worship and study the Bible? Or do we despise the fellowship by humiliating those who are zealous in the faith? What shall we say? Shall we be satisfied? Certainly not in this matter.

For whatever we received from the Lord we are to pass on to each other, unless we got nothing from the Lord: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for us; do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” For whenever we eat this bread and drink this cup, we proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes. The bread is every word coming from the mouth of God and the blood is the remembrance of the salvation.

So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. Everyone ought to examine themselves before we eat of the bread and drink from the cup. For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. That is why many among us are weak in the faith and sick in the walk, and a number of us have become indifferent. But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come to this situation. Nevertheless, when we realize we are in this situation, we have got to wake up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janice

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: 1 Corinthians 11   Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:35 pm

I totally agree... most part of this...

The only question I have is, when we got messages from our Heavenly Father, is it up to any of us to share it? When to share it and to whom we share it with? In my experience,  the holy spirit has to be with us. It's not up to anyone one of us to decide on when, how, how much, to whom ect... to share our experience with brotherns, right? You do not have to force it or remind etc. Let's just face the problem here, we are all sinners and don't love Yhwh as we all supposed to. I guess our main focus shouldn't be asking people to share, our focus should be WHY don't we have anything to share, HOW can we spur each other. On the other hand, sometimes when we don't share, it's not because we don't have anything to share, I find another issue is that we always want to wait for everyone to be present to share. This actually makes me feel that we are going against the teaching in 1 Corinthians 14, the holy spirit is here asking us to speak then we should speak right? I don't know... sometimes it might just be that it's not the right time to share. Holy spirit is not in us yet, it's not the right time with the right people yet. Yahweh has his plans and it's not up to us to decide.

These just came up to my mind while I'm having dinner at my office, I hope it make sense and didn't offend anyone. I just wish that we all can do better.... in HIS eyes...

Love you all, may Yahweh and the holy spirit be with us and guide us so we can be as perfect as Jesus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boyscout

PostSubject: Re: 1 Corinthians 11   Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:08 pm

My question is, Is He real?
I feel that we are the antithesis of the Corinthian church where many claimed that they have the Holy Spirit and that they have the truth, to the point of being arrogant. As a result, they preached much, both men and women, the reason Paul had to gave the instructions to take turns in preaching, to examine each other and not to allow women to speak.
I'm not sure about the assessment of us being sinners. We are no longer sinners the moment we repent unless we stay willingly in sin even when we come together - that would be horrible if we can't stay clean even for a few hours.
When is the right time to say? Are we under the guidance of the Holy Spirit on what and when to say? What does the Bible teach in this aspect?
I guess sometimes offensiveness can simply be not saying or doing anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
t

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: 1 Corinthians 11   Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:50 pm

If we were to take your analogy to 1 Cor 11 more fully, then we should be concerned with sharing our food with those who are not filled instead of asking those who are already hungry to share. So while what you're saying has merit, I don't know if 1 Cor 11 can be taken like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boyscout

PostSubject: Re: 1 Corinthians 11   Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:08 pm

Those who were not filled did not feel hungry and were critical at the buffet available.
Note that I put this in past tense.

I guess the rumours of the end wake us up somewhat - and the parable of the 10 virgins comes to mind.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
t

PostSubject: Re: 1 Corinthians 11   Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:26 am

I find it interesting that in the parable, there was a cry made when they knew the bridegroom was coming before he actually came.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boyscout

PostSubject: Re: 1 Corinthians 11   Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:50 pm

Interesting indeed on the cry. What does it mean?
I also find it odd that the oil is not shared. Instead the wise responded with "No, there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves."

biblestudytools.com gave a rather detail comment on oil:
http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/oil/

If oil actually denotes anointing or holiness. Where can one buy from?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
t

PostSubject: Re: 1 Corinthians 11   Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:44 pm

Rev 3
18I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. 19As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. 20Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boyscout

PostSubject: Re: 1 Corinthians 11   Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:49 am

Gold, white clothes and salve but not oil. Does it tell us something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1 Corinthians 11   

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1