Our Fellowship Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Fellowship Forum

Welcome to Our Fellowship Forum!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in

You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
boyscout

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2009-03-10

You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. Empty
PostSubject: You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life.   You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 10:48 pm

Does this verse imply scripture studying is of no use?
Yes, it does, when one refuses to come to Yeshua.

The context reads:
You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

It's living out the faith that matters, one might say, and so do many church goers claim.
How could one live out the faith when he/she does not understand what the faith is about? Do we think the question was for church goers?

Do we know what the faith is about?
If we do, why is it so difficult to do a little something that might please Him? Honor Him. Praise Him and talk to Him on the day He has made holy? Is it our sin that hinder us from doing so? Don't we know He has promised to forgive whoever repents and the moment we repent we are free?
Don't we know He reigns and He's our Father? Has He not taught us how to pray? Don't we know we should put our trust on Him? If we do then why do we drag our own burden onto the day He commands to celebrate and to be joyful?
If we don't, can we not spare a little time on the day He has made holy to get to know Him better?
But if one prefers to do it alone then by all means - just be convinced that it's what He commands.

Have I said I'm better? No. I need to be encouraged and be reminded by His word everyday too. How? By studying and meditating His word everyday. By praying to Him everyday for forgiveness and for strength to live another day. Every single day.

This whole self pity self indulgent mentality in our group has reduced our Father to a beck and call.
Is His arm too short to save? Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear.
Back to top Go down

You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life.
Page 1 of 1