Our Fellowship Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Fellowship Forum

Welcome to Our Fellowship Forum!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in

Answer to Bryan's questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
boyscout

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Answer to Bryan's questions Empty
PostSubject: Answer to Bryan's questions   Answer to Bryan's questions EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 7:31 pm

Bryan:
yes if Jesus has come to fulfill the law then I am confident He has. I must keep the moral law but the ceremonial law is fulfill in Him. He is my Sabbath rest. He is my Passover lamb.
Hebrews 10:1
Christ's sacrifice once for all.
10 For since the law has but shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered every year, make perfect those who draw near.
Read more in Hebrews 10

If the law is to be kept my friend why not keep the Passover and Levitical rules and regulations etc.
But Jesus clearly instituted a new supper. Christ is our Passover. The lords supper is 2 elements. Bread and wine.

Do you sacrifice lambs?

Do you stone the adulterers. Do you release all debts in year of jubilee.

I am not being disrespectful.

I am just saying either we keep all or we are violation.

We can't keep all. Jesus did it.

Answer:
The question to ask is, why keeping Easter and Christmas holidays which are made by man while abandoning Passover and other biblical holidays?

Define "Jesus has fulfilled the law requirement for me".

Does it mean he obeyed the law perfectly such as "do not kill" so believers are now free to kill? Of course not.

It could only mean that He has taken up the punishment sinners deserved onto Himself i.e. from sins and guilt one unintentionally committed which require various sacrifices and restitutions to sins and guilt one intentionally committed which result in death.

Another question to ask is, what does it mean in 1 John 3:3-4? i.e. Everyone who  has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure. Everyone who sins breaks the law, in fact, sin is lawlessness.

Last edited by boyscout on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
boyscout

PostSubject: Re: Answer to Bryan's questions   Answer to Bryan's questions EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 7:33 pm

Guess he has to make up his mind first. Initially he said it's good to keep the moral laws but not the ceremonial laws. Then he said if one keeps one law he must keep all. So which one is it?

Is it logical to commemorate the Passover Lamb on a man made holiday rather than the Passover taught by the Bible?

And I asked earlier: If the rest in Jesus has replaced Sabbath rest, does it mean all believers can work 24/7 non-stop?

Last edited by boyscout on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
boyscout

PostSubject: Re: Answer to Bryan's questions   Answer to Bryan's questions EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 7:36 pm

Cxxxxx:
Right,Exxx. Passover taught by bible important than others.

I Suppose He has sabbath day but it's in Sunday

Thanks for ur explaining.

Answer:
I guess you know what the bible teach regarding Sabbath. It's the end of the week i.e. Friday night to Saturday night, not the first day of the week. There is no reason to change the day except to fulfill what the Bible says about the beast in Daniel 7:25 "he will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws."

Sunday worship is man made.

From Schaff's History of the Christian Church:

On the venerable day of the sun let the magistrate and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country however, persons engaged in agricultural work may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits; because it often happens that another day is not so suitable for grain growing or for vine planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost.

Or a less offensive explanation from the mainstream Christian website:
http://www.christianitytoday.com/history/2008/august/when-did-christian-church-switch-sabbath-from-saturday-to.html

Or from Vatican (Roman Catholic Church):
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c1a3.htm
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_P7O.HTM

Last edited by boyscout on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
boyscout

PostSubject: Re: Answer to Bryan's questions   Answer to Bryan's questions EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 7:38 pm

To respond to Bryan's questions:

1. whether to stone the adulterers: it's never the common people's decision nor had they the authority to do so. It was in the hands of justice system i.e. the priests who were given the authority at that point in time. One might argue that believers are priests but one should know the governments we are under do not give believers the authority to judge i.e. no mob law allowed.

2. sacrifice: I'm surprised he raised this question at all when he seemed to understand the letter to the Hebrews - or - he might just be ignorant to the Scriptures in several ways:

a. The Law specified where, i.e. the temple, to offer sacrifice. God allowed the temple to be destroyed around 70 AD to stop any sacrifice, whether out of ignorance or disbelief in the Messiah's atonement. So no temple, no sacrifice is a known fact among both Jews and Christians.

b. The Scriptures teaches: To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams. cf 1 Samuel 15:22

c. God desires mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings. cf Hosea 6:6

d. The gospel clearly says the Messiah is the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world. cf John 1:29 and 1:36

e. Hebrews 7-10, which Bryan quoted for some reason other than addressing the issue, clearly stated why animal sacrifice is no longer valid, whether or not there is a temple.

3. cancellation of debts: his question is best addressed to the banks where many Christians work as loan officers. As to individual Christians, yes why don't they obey this law?
Back to top Go down
boyscout

PostSubject: Re: Answer to Bryan's questions   Answer to Bryan's questions EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 8:18 pm

Recommendations:
Deal with the issues. Do not be distracted.
Deal with the questions. Do not let one unanswered.
Point out pseudo questions. Do not waste time on such.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Answer to Bryan's questions   Answer to Bryan's questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Answer to Bryan's questions
Page 1 of 1