Our Fellowship Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Fellowship Forum

Welcome to Our Fellowship Forum!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in

Matthew 24, Luke 21

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
t

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Matthew 24, Luke 21 Empty
PostSubject: Matthew 24, Luke 21   Matthew 24, Luke 21 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:21 am

Matt 24
15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

I didn't want to ask Eric, but I hath readeth and doth not understand.. Can someone who have run to and fro and increased in knowledge at the end times please enlighten me a little bit?

Luke 21
20And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

So, in the end times, armies will surround Jerusalam, and the abomination will stand in the holy place. What might this holy place be?

Daniel 11
9And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
11And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Seems the abomination is a very important sign that begins the countdown.. I don't understand the "daily sacrifice" at all. Are we in the time between the "daily sacrifice" and the "abomination"?

Matthew 24
16Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
20But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Luke 21
23But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
24And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

The prophesy is very Judea-centric. I don't know if the fleeing described here is about Judea or does it extend everywhere. If it's just Judea, how is it the greatest tribulation since the beginning? What is so bad about fleeing on the sabbath? Because there's no rest?

Luke 21
34And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
35For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

I am frightened by these last verses...
Back to top Go down
boyscout

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Matthew 24, Luke 21 Empty
PostSubject: I'm not ready   Matthew 24, Luke 21 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 2:22 pm

Frightened is good because you believe.
Quote :
But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, [even] to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased
To “run to and fro” could simply mean to “go through”. What to go through if not the words that’s shut up and the book that was sealed? Someone might interpret “run to and fro” as “travelling” but it’s nonsense - for “travelling” has nothing to do with “knowledge” in the context where it means “knowledge or understanding of the words and the book". i.e. the end things.
We should discuss and examine more of the end things for our benefit when we are ready but unfortunately we are not. I’m not.
The Bible, the book of life, to me has been a form of knowledge. Please let me crawl out from knowledge to life before I can go on with understanding.
Back to top Go down

Matthew 24, Luke 21
Page 1 of 1