Our Fellowship Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Fellowship Forum

Welcome to Our Fellowship Forum!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in

understanding Col 2:16

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
boyscout

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2009-03-10

understanding Col 2:16 Empty
PostSubject: understanding Col 2:16   understanding Col 2:16 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:46 pm

Back to top Go down
leedannie
Admin

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: understanding Col 2:16   understanding Col 2:16 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:04 pm

i found an article that discusses whether christians in new testament times are permitted to eat unclean meat. it pulls out all verses that christians and churches would bring out to support eating unclean meat is acceptable, and provide explanations to each verse to prove them misunderstand the meaning. it is amazing that its arguments are familiar as though i had heard it from eric before. take a look!

www.servantsnews.com/PDF/unmeat02.pdf

the author has mentioned we shouldn't confuse with/ mix up the laws of god and the transition change from old covenant to new covenant.
"It is clear that the early Apostles believed that God’s laws were unaffected by the replacement of the Old Covenant with the New Covenant."

can we determine what are god's laws that last to the end and what are the commands that we no longer need to follow because of the sacrifice of jesus christ?

I am not very clear on this...
Back to top Go down
https://fellowship.forumotion.com
boyscout

PostSubject: Re: understanding Col 2:16   understanding Col 2:16 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 7:37 pm

Chapter 2 in context:

The Colossians i.e. pagans, uncircumcised, were aliens to the faith now through the cross they are now one with the circumcised.

Do not let anyone judge you:
Here Paul didn't say the Jews i.e. circumcised but rather "anyone" so it could be
a. the Jews judge why the Colossian believers, uncircumcised, observe what they observe.
b. the Colossian pagans judge why the Colossian believers would observe the Jews' dietary laws and feasts.

Basic principles of this world:
"World" G2889 used 187 times in NT. More than half of it's usage is "anything other than the Jews". Could it be used for "Jewish traditions" or "Jewish and pagan traditions"? Do we see such clearly without prejudice in any of it's usage? Would the Jews (those who don't believe the Messiah) accept and teach the basic principles of the pagans in the synagogue when they preach circumcision?

Back to top Go down
t

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: understanding Col 2:16   understanding Col 2:16 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 11:44 pm

OK, so what is verse 18 talking about?

And v21, 22 are gentile commandments?
Back to top Go down
boyscout

PostSubject: Re: understanding Col 2:16   understanding Col 2:16 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 2:20 pm

Would it be the pagan way of worshipping the creator which the Roman Catholics are a contemporary example?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: understanding Col 2:16   understanding Col 2:16 Empty

Back to top Go down

understanding Col 2:16
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Fellowship Forum :: Our Fellowship :: Bible Discussion-
Jump to: