Our Fellowship Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Fellowship Forum

Welcome to Our Fellowship Forum!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in

Sabbath from the perspective of the book of Isaiah

Go down 
AuthorMessage
boyscout

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Sabbath from the perspective of the book of Isaiah Empty
PostSubject: Sabbath from the perspective of the book of Isaiah   Sabbath from the perspective of the book of Isaiah EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 10:59 am

Once again in chapter 58 He spoke:
If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD’s holy day honorable,
and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words, then you will find your joy in the LORD, and I will cause you to ride in triumph on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob.

It was to explain why He said such in chapter 1:
When you come to appear before me, who has asked this of you, this trampling of my courts? Stop bringing meaningless offerings! Your incense is detestable to me. New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations—I cannot bear your worthless assemblies. Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals I hate with all my being. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them. When you spread out your hands in prayer, I hide my eyes from you; even when you offer many prayers, I am not listening.

He was speaking to Israelites in the context.

To the gentiles, He said:
Blessed is the one who does this—the person who holds it fast, who keeps the Sabbath without desecrating it, and keeps their hands from doing any evil. Let no foreigner who is bound to the LORD say, “The LORD will surely exclude me from his people.” And let no eunuch complain, “I am only a dry tree.” For this is what the LORD says: To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths, who choose what pleases me and hold fast to my covenant—to them I will give within my temple and its walls a memorial and a name better than sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name that will endure forever. And foreigners who bind themselves to the LORD to minister to him, to love the name of the LORD, and to be his servants, all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it and who hold fast to my covenant—these I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar;
for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.” The Sovereign LORD declares—he who gathers the exiles of Israel: “I will gather still others to them besides those already gathered.”

Where is the temple and the house of prayer?
What does it mean by keeping the Sabbath without desecrating it?

I have asked that one should examine what the Bible says about Sabbath and understand the meaning of remembering the Sabbath before coming to meet on the Sabbath. It has been at least 5 years since I first asked and I have asked countless times since then. I have repeated and repeated to the point where you all got tired of this topic.
Back to top Go down

Sabbath from the perspective of the book of Isaiah
Page 1 of 1